Appreciation???

I recently got into discussion with a family member in Pennsylvania about appreciation. She is one of those people that has to volunteer everywhere in her community and has to take over certain clubs because she thinks she and her family can run them better. She complains on facebook that she never has time to do anything for her self because of it.
Recently I posted on facebook that I was going to enjoy an evening ride on my motorcycle, and she commented that she like this. I responded that last I heard she wasn't even riding their bike because they just don't have time for it anymore. I said I think you should sell the bike if you're not going to appreciate it and give someone else a chance to appreciate it instead of it just sitting there not being used.
She replied that the bike cannot be appreciated because it is not human. I replied that I guess people shouldn't appreciate nice homes, fine wine, art, sunsets and a bunch of other things. She then replied that she likes her house but doesn't appreciated it because she has to pay for it. We discussed it a bit more and then she said she didn't know why I was picking on her about the motorcycle. I told her that I wasn't picking on her about the bike, just that I don't understand the "Appreciating" thing. She stated and she would not comment on any more of my posts. Well being that it's the only way we communicate that I guess we won't be talking anymore.
It seems to me that I appreciate a bunch of things that aren't human. Like a good thunderstorm, a good night out with friends, the sounds of birds, a relaxing day in the woods, a good movie, and much, much more. Could I be wrong????

Comments

Hi Joe,

Nope, you are not wrong or alone on your appreciation of things non-human. Although her bike doesn't have feelings, I'm sure it would appreciate going out for a ride now and again:o)

Nice to see you posting again.

Peace, Boni
Yeah, I'm trying to post a little more. My best friend/co-worker posts a novel everyday it seems. I don't think I live that exciting of a life. I will be posting more, my mother came out for a 3 week visit from Pennsylvania so I plan to write and post more pictures soon.

As far as the bike and ohter non-human things I appreciate all I can.

Popular posts from this blog

The Stroll & Tree

Catching up