I know, I know!!

I said I would try and and write more about the adventures of my mother's visit, but I just never know what to write. Well I'm gonna try and write a little, but it's going to be done in parts.
Part I:
My mother and two of her sisters flew in Salt Lake on Wednesday May 20 and visited with their brother who lives in the area. Another sister lives in Pocatello, ID and she drove down down to Salt Lake to pick up my mother and her two sisters and take them to her house. the plan was that my mother would visit with her sisiter for a few days then Michele and I would drive to Pocatello and get her.
Michele and I headed out from Great Falls Friday night after work. We decided we would stay the night in Dillion, MT. Dillion is a nice little town that is about half way between Great Falls and Pocatello so it worked well as a rest point.
We got up around 5AM Saturday morning and after eating a light breakfast of bagels and orange juice we continued on our way. It was a nice morning drive and we stopped to stretch our legs a few times and pick up a few Geocaches.
We got to my Aunt's house in Pocatello around noon Saturday morning. We visited with my family for about an hour and then decided head back toward home. we stopped in Idaho Falls to some lunch at Olive Garden and relax a little. After Lunch Michele informed us that there were a few Geocaches close so we introduced my mother to the sport. She seems to enjoy it.
Back on the road we headed toward Dillion. Near dillion we decided to show my mother the
historic Ghost town of Bannack. Bannack was Montana's First Territorial Capital and is filled with lots of history. We walked the old board sidewalks and read about all the history and houses still standing in town. We spent about 2 hours enjoying the history before deciding to travel on down the road.
We had planned on visiting Butte, Montana but by the time we got there it was dark and really not much to see. We decided to show her Butte another and just headed to Helena, Montana where Michele lives and spend the night there.

Next Post: Going to Glacier National Park.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Stroll & Tree

Catching up