Helping a Friend UPDATE! (Pt 1)

Let me catch you all up on my friend Albert's situation...... At the beginning of February while attempting to make it town for supplies, his ARGO broke and he ended up sliding down a hillside into a frozen creek and snowdrift and was unable to get the ARGO out. He ended up hiking back to his cabin. After accessing his situation and supplies at the cabin and with no other way out he contacted me through SKYPE and tell me what happened. Upon hearing about the ARGO and that he only had fuel to run the generator for a few more hours he decided that he would need to be rescued. We figured that if I could get some fuel to him to run his generator for a day or two that would give him time to gather some important papers, his animals and winterize the cabin.
I managed to get a hold of a friend that had two snowmobiles and after hearing the situation he offered to try and get some fuel to Albert and work out a Evac plan.
I got 15 gallons of fuel, met my friends son and with the snowmobiles we headed to the parking area out side of Marrysville and got the snowmobiles down and headed out to Albert's. It was a long slow ride with gas cans strapped to the back on the sleds but a little over an hour we pulled up to his cabin
Albert was happy to see us and fuel we brought. After filling the gas tank up and re strapping the cans to the sleds, we spent a little time warming up in the cabin and discussed when we would return for Albert, his pets, and get him out. We decided in two we would be back to get him out. In the mean time my friend built a makeshift sled to pull behind the sleds so Albert could carry a few more things he might need...............

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catching up

The Stroll & Tree