Friends

After talking to a few of my friends in PA last night it got me thinking about how we meet them and things we learn about each other. For instance, my Best friend in PA Patrick who I've know 20 years already is just like me. We met through his brother-in-law Pat who I worked with, and later found out that Patrick worked at the same place just a different shift. The first time I met Patrick, I was invited over to Pats house where Patrick lived with Pats sister Pam. Pat had invited me up to watch movies and drink some beer but I ended up playing a game called "QIX" on Nintendo with Patrick because Pat got called out to his second job. Patrick and I because best friends and still talk today.
Michele, my co-worker and I became friend over the phone. When I decided I was moving to Montana I was thinking I would just transfer from my job in PA to the same Job in Kalispell, MT. I got the number to the business in Montana and called. Michele answered the phone and we've been talking ever since. When I Finally moved to Montana I stayed with Michele's family until O got a place of my own. She is my best friend in Montana and I like to that she is the person I've know longest in Montana. We share a lot of the same interests and have a lot of fun traveling around the state
Michele and I both have a friend who lives off the Grid above Marysville, Montana who we met in Butte, Montana at a Writer's Conference. I managed somehow to pull my quadriceps in my right leg while walking out for the Silver Bow Club after a tour. I could hardly walk by the time Lunch came around.At lunch we sat next to a man that offered me some pain killers. We didn't last the rest of the tour. We decided to head back to the motel and I would relax in the hot tub. After soaking my leg for a while we head to a reception at the Finlin Hotel in uptown Butte. At the reception everyone that saw me hurt myself earlier came over asked how I was feeling. The man that game me the pain killers earlier came over and we all talked about the Conference. The man introduced himself as Albert and asked where we were from. Upon hearing that we were from Helena he told us he had bought some property outside of Helena. We asked where and when he told us we said we knew the area well. We talked with Albert for most of the evening and when we left for the night we exchanged email addresses and said when he was settled in we would like to visit if he didn't mind. Now we visit Albert every chance we get. We even helped him cut firewood and re roof his garage over this last Labor Day. Labor Day we woke to 5 inches of snow at Albert's, so we decided to relax and play Yatzee until heading back to Great Falls.Now Albert lives off the grid, meaning he relies on batteries and generators for electricity and a nearby stream for water and in the winter time he can barely get to Helena for supplies. We all recently went on the Charlie Russel Chew-Choo diner train in Lewistown. It was a night evening spent in good company.
Well there are just a few stories of how I've met friends. I have many more stories as we all do. Sometimes how we met, or the friendship store is fun and interesting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Stroll & Tree

Catching up