Not much Happenin' Here

Sorry that I haven't been writing, but my life's been slow. I have been enjoying the warmer than usual weather here by spending time on my motorcycle. I've also hid a few Geocaches around town. For those of you who never heard of Geocaching, it's like modern day treasure hunting, only we us GPS receivers now. If you would like to check it out, here is the website http://www.geocaching.com/ .
It is an awesome outdoor sport for the whole family. Michele and were supposed to attend a Geocaching chili cook-off in Helena this past weekend, but I had to work Saturday and Michele wasn't feeling well. We missed the event, but managed to visit with a few of the Geocacher's from Missoula, and Billings. We try to get to all the events we can in the surrounding area. I usually get all the ones around Helena, Great Falls, and Missoula. We haven't made it to an event in Billings yet, but we're still trying.
I talked to my mother this weekend and in my hometown just north of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, they have over 18 inches of snow and we hardly have any here in Montana. My mother said the temperatures have been well below zero and there are advisories about the windchill making Headlines all over the east coast. Schools have been closed and emergency measures taken. I told her that when we have -20 & -30 temps, and wind gusts up to 75mph, it never makes national headlines, and all the kids still wait for the bus and go to school.. I told her the east coast people are whimps.
Also, for those of you who follow football know that the Steelers are going to the Superbowl, and my mother said the area went crazy Sunday night and there are banner's everywhere. Now, growing up in the "Steelers Nation" was always interesting. The Steelers are not my Favorite team, but we always went to the tailgate parties at the old Three Rivers Stadium and had a blast. I haven't been to a game, or party at Heinz Field, but I'm guessing it Rocks! Since my team with an 11-5 record didn't make the playoffs I was hoping for the Steelers and the Eagles in the Superbowl, but now I have to root for my hometown team because I believe that the Steelers fans are the best in the NFL., and I would like to see them go for thier 6th Superbowl win. Go Black & Gold.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Stroll & Tree

Catching up