Christmas Cards

It's that time of year when I have to try and remember the address of my friends and relatives in Pennsylvania. I remember my Parents because they've lived in the same house since I was 10. I usually remember my sisters, but sometimes I forget if she lives on a street, avenue, or blvd. I always have to call mom and ask. I always have to call my friends and get their addresses because I never save the paper I wrote them on from year to year.
Here in Montana it's easy because I only have about 5 people that I know that I give Christmas Cards too. I know it sounds bad, been in Montana for 10 years and only see about 5 people on weekends that are friends. Although since starting this blog I have upped the people I talk with to 7. Michele keeps telling me that I need to get out and meet people here in Great Falls. All I usually do after work is either go home and fiddle around my house, do some geocaching, and maybe take my motorcycle for a ride. Michele has a teenage daughter at home in Helena so she goes home and cleans. Maybe I'll work on that sometime.
As for Christmas cards, I always buy two kinds. One set that has a little religiousness to it, and the other has just a happy holiday statement. I try to send out my cards in early December so they have time to get to Pennsylvania. Sometimes it seems to take forever for mail to get there. It seems every year I remember an old friend that I haven't talked to in years that I send a card to. I'm sure some of them are very surprised. Also I'm not big on writing in cards, or postcards if I send them. I usually just sign my name and send it off. Hey, they should be happy that I send one and even signed it. My mommy says sometimes she would like me to write "Miss You", "I'm Having Fun" or even "Thinking Of You" on the cards. Sometime I do, just to surprise her.
This year I might try something new. If anyone who reads this wants me to send them a signed Christmas card, email your address to me and I'll send you a card.
As for decorating my house, I'm not going to do much. I'm single so no family is going to be here and I'm not home on the weekends. I will be in Helena with friends for Christmas so there is no use having a tree to maintain here.
As I mentioned in my last post, I went to Helena to help my friends Vicki, and Di with decorations but ended up building a cornice over their sliding door. My parents used to own a small lumber/craft mill and ever since I mentioned this to Di many years ago she always recruits me for all their woodworking projects. I've crafted quite a few things for them and now that Michele has seen some of them she says I need to make a few selves for her. Di and I are kinda like the handyman and woman. We've helped many of their neighbors with alot of repairs. We've even done done plumbing and some home leveling for their neighbor Carrie. Oh Yeah, both Vicki & Di are manger's of a small mobile home court in Helena so we've fixed many things. Sometimes I feel like "Schiender" on "One Day At A Time" for those of you who remember that TV Show, but without the mustache. Michele thinks I should be quite a "Catch" because I'm very handy around the house, but for some reason I'm still single...Imagine That. I guess I'm just used to being by myself and enjoying my space. Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy spending time with my friends and adventuring around Montana, but love to have my space at the end of the day. I guess it could change someday, but not in the foreseeable future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Stroll & Tree

Catching up