The Cold and Hot Wings

With the coming of December the cold decided to make it's way here. Last night we went for Hot Wings and Beer at a local Bar like we always do on Wednesday and it was bout 12 degrees when we left work. The Sting Sports Bar is always warm and friendly and I think that's part of why we go, but the best part is the Hot Wings. I have a fondness for Hot Wings and the Sting has the best ones around Great Falls. I got my first taste of Hot Wings at my first job out of high school. I worked for a family friend at his Restaurant called "Dan's Poultry". On Monday nights we would makes pounds and pounds of Hot Wings that we delivered to some local bars for Monday night football. Now Dan's sold more than just hot wings, but it was the only thing I really liked there. Their sauce was a homemade blend that was very hot and lot of people really liked it. I know after I started eating the wings, they were, and still are, my favorite food. I ate them so much that I would get sauce and wings to fry from my family for Christmas and Birthdays to cook at my house. I remember one time while a friend and I were eating some wings someone told us about a place called "Quaker Steak & Lube" in Sharon, Pennsylvania that has the best wings USA and some that are SOO Hot you only get 4 and have to sign a release form. Now I've been to "The Lube" many times over the years and still can not eat those four suicide Wings. Every time I go home to visit my family in PA, I always go to "the Lube" for wings. They advertise "Best Wings USA" and have won many awards from festivals and Food Magazines around the country. On one trip home I took took a friend Julie from Butte and after trying them she always talks about them. On another trip I took my friend Michele from Helena back to PA and took her there and now we go out every Wednesday to the Sting for wings. I confess that the Sting's wings have nothing on Quaker Steak and Lube's, but I have to make due with what's available. Now don't get me wrong, the Sting has Great wings, beer and other fine food, but my favorite will always be the Lube's.
If you're interested, you can check out the Lube at http://www.quakersteakandlube.com/ and see what you think. I buy their sauces online and use them at my house when cooking at home. I always say that if I win the lottery I will build a few Quaker Steak and Lube in Montana.
Oh Yeah, back to the cold and snow. I woke up this morning with a temperature of 1 degree above zero and I felt it as soon as I stepped outside. I really do not mind the cold and enjoy the snow too. I think winter has finally set in here and I can't wait to see the beauty the winter time offers. As I write this, the temp as hit 10 degrees and the sun is shining, so now I'm thinking of warming up the motorcycle and going to a short ride.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Stroll & Tree

Catching up